Sometimes we struggle in prayer because we haven’t thought through a plan. While even plans can become ruts, they also can be tools to stay out of ruts if we use them wisely. So here is one pastor’s prayer plan:
- First I pray for my family by name.
- Next I pray for pastors.
- I also carry a burden for pastor’s children.
- Next I pray for the people I pastor.
- I also pray for special needs.
- Finally I pray for the nations.
[HT: Teach Me How to Pray | Challies.com.]
Update: Here is another praying plan that looks helpful. The author includes not only the topics covered in prayer, but also a sample schedule. Again, this is a tool to be used to liberate us to pray more effectively, not a tool to trap us in legalistic practices.