Tomorrow morning we will remember the death and resurrection of Christ through communion. To prepare our hearts for that ordinance, here are a few questions I’ve adapted from the Puritan, Thomas Watson:
- Am I diligent in my pursuit of God through prayer?
- Do I thirst for the living God? Do I desire holiness as much as I desire heaven?
- Do I desire to look like Christ as much as I desire to live with Christ?
- Am I skilled in self-denial? Am I willfully indulging the flesh in anything?
- What is entering and exiting through the gates of my body — my mind, my eyes, my ears, my tongue? Are those things pure and a delight to my Lord?
- Have I gotten above the world? Though I live on earth, do I live for heaven and its joys?
- Do I always set myself under the watchful eye of God (Ps. 16:8)? Am I mindful that the Judge is ever watching me?