This morning Kevin DeYoung asks an important question:
What exactly does it mean to be holy? What does it look like?
Here’s one to think about it: consider growth in godliness as the sanctification of your body.
- The mind is filled with the knowledge of God and fixed on what is good.
- The eyes turn away from sensuality and shudder at the sight of evil.
- The mouth tells the truth and refuses to gossip, slander, or speak what is coarse or obscene.
- The spirit is earnest, steadfast, and gentle.
- The soul rests and rejoices in Jesus.
When I lose track of what holiness is actually about, I try to scan down the body from head to toe and remember what God desires from me. And just as importantly, I need to remember who Christ is and is making me to become.
Read the rest at The Anatomy of Holiness.