- Tim Challies offers “Seven Ways to Pray for Your Prayer Life.” This is helpful.
- A new book coming June 1 (ebook) and June 15 (paperback) from my dad: Everything Happens for a Reason?: God’s Purposes in a World Gone Bad.
- Paul Tautges offers “36 Purposes of God in Our Suffering.”
- Herman Bavinck writes on the power of the Word of God:
[The word of God] stands on a level high above all human authority in state and society, science and art. Before it, all else must yield. For people must obey God rather than other people. All other [human] authority is restricted to its own circle and applies only to its own area. But the authority of Scripture extends to the whole person and over all humankind. It is above the intellect and the will, the heart and the conscience, and cannot be compared with any other authority.
- John Knight (“The Works of God”) posts a brief video about Melinda Delahoyde, the president of Care Net, and the mother of William, who has Down Syndrome. Worth remembering: “I want (the moms) to know, the Lord will always give them hope.” [William Delahoyde]