This coming week (Tuesday, Jan. 22) marks the 40th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision by the Supreme Court, legalizing abortion. Since that time, some 53-55 million abortions have been performed in the United States, and perhaps more than 1.2 billion worldwide.
Here are several articles worth reading to remind yourself of the importance of the topic of abortion, as well as how to think and pray in response to the issue:
- “Thirty-eight years of getting what we want” (I’ve also written a variety of other articles and collected many other resources on abortion, which you can find here.)
- “Forty Years After Roe, Human Dignity Hangs in the Balance” (Al Mohler, who also has many other articles on abortion here.)
- “Extinguish This Bloody Traffic” (Mike Riccardi)
- “9 Things You Should Know About Roe v. Wade” (Joe Carter)
- John Piper has written and spoken often and well on this topic. You can find many of his articles and sermons at Desiring God.