Helpful resources for the growing Christian:
- Have you ever heard the statement, “I love him, but I don’t like him”? Me too. Too often. Rick Thomas demonstrates the idol behind the statement and how to address it in “Marriage problems.”
- How to handle public debate among Christians is a growing question and concern, though not a new one. Here are two perspectives, one new and one old:
- The Biblical Counseling Coalition interviews The Master’s College and Seminary about its biblical counseling programs.
- John Piper, “How Should We Think About Self-Worth?” (from an interview conducted in 1976). It’s encouraging to observe the consistency of a man’s theology.
- Justin Taylor has accumulated a number of resources about “How to Listen to a Sermon.” I would also add Ken Ramey’s book, Expository Listening, and a recent sermon he did based on that book at the Essential’s Conference.
- Stephen Altrogge writes, “The Best Thing You Can Do For Your Pastor.”