Some helpful articles spotted recently:
- A lesson in truth-telling, and what makes Christians different: “Mike Daisey, Apple, and Our Culture’s Crisis in Truth-Telling.”
- “Temptation Is Not Sin,” writes Bill Mounce. He makes three points: 1. Temptation is not sin, 2. No one can make you sin, and 3. God is on your side.
- The question “When is it Right to Argue With Referees/ Officials?” is asked and answered. And the answer centers on a question that I asked many times of our girls when they were asking questions about the permissibility of an activity: “does it bring glory to God?”
- A successor to John Piper has been nominated. The church will vote on his candidacy at the end of May and then he will serve for two years alongside John Piper before Piper retires in June, 2014. Here is a Q&A with John Piper about Jason Meyer’s candidacy.
- I’ve said several times that D. A. Carson writes books faster than I can read them. He has written many books and articles. And now Andy Naselli has compiled them into a singular list, “D. A. Carson Publications,” and many of them are free downloads as PDFs — including seven books!
- Somewhere in my first month in the pastorate, I was told by a man I went to visit (after he’d visited our church): “All pastors do is [sit on their backsides] for 40 hours a week.” Clint Archer has a more accurate description of a pastor’s duties in “Under the Whip.”
- If you love books, this is interesting: