How great is God’s love to make you His child? God has told us that we are to look for, examine, contemplate, and be overwhelmed by the richness of God’s love for us (“See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us…” 1 Jn. 3:1). So here are some ways in which we see God’s love for His children:
- It is a love that is unsurpassed. God’s love could not have been greater than it was and is (Jn. 15:13; 1 Jn. 4:9-10, 16, 19; Jn. 3:16).
- It is a love that is undeserved (Jn. 15:12-14; Dt. 7:7-8).
- It is a love that is permanent (Rom. 8:37-39).
- It is a love that is inexplicable (Rom. 5:8; Tt. 3:4-5). We were His enemies and He made us His heirs. Our past condemned us and He still adopted us.
- It is a love that is assuring. It is a reminder that we are not saved on our own and we are not kept on our own. Our salvation and our assurance are not rooted in our abilities, but they are founded on the gracious love of God. We are saved and are sure of that salvation because He loves.