Some helpful articles from the last week:
- Here are two helpful resources on Mormonism:
- Russell Moore writes how “How Christians Should Engage Latter-day Saints.”
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary hosted a panel discussion on the topic, “The Mormon Moment? Religious Conviction and the 2012 Election” (audio | video)
- George Lawson writes that, “Reliable Source Reveals November’s Election is Already Fixed.”
- Mark Altrogge reminds us that “You Don’t Have to Sin…”
- Randy Newman has written one of my favorite books on evangelism. He also maintains a blog and has made available a number of helpful resources.
- I didn’t discover the Puritan writings until after seminary and my church history courses. Now I have a deep appreciation for them and usually am reading at least one Puritan work devotionally. I also wish I’d known earlier “What the Puritans Can Teach Us about Counseling.”
- Jared Moore offers 18 reasons for “A Case for Cessationism.” This is a well-written, clear, and concise argument against the ongoing use of sign gifts.
- Why Girls “throw like girls.” Okay, this isn’t theological or biblical in nature and I disagree with the references to the evolutionary process at the end of the article, but it is interesting, and does provide a seemingly plausible answer.